View Full Version : Advice about Zune 30...haven't bought it yet.

stikclix
12-13-2007, 01:27 AM
I was given an ipod for my birthday and I instantly returned it, because I want either a Zune 30 or a Sony Walkman NWZ A818 8 Gig. I really want the zune, because it is so customizable. I love that you can change the background, but I have a question. If I buy the zune 30, will I be able to use the old software, or will microsoft force me to upgrade? I am fine with the smaller font. I would personally rather have the "genre" option and the editable artist/album features that doesn't apply with the new 2.2 stuff, as far as I've read.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sven Johannsen
12-13-2007, 06:07 AM
I think you are going to wind up upgrading. I don't think you can get to the old stuff anymore. The new format isn't bad.

Not sure what you have read or what aspects you are talking about. I have Genres selectable on my upgraded 30G Zune, and I can edit about anything that is shown on the new interface on the desktop. I'm just not pleased with the limited amount of stuff shown. That is Song, Artist, Album, Genre, Heart (rating). No way to add time, composer, etc. Most of the other info I wouldn't want to edit though.