View Full Version : My New Zune

serpico
11-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm coming from a world of ipod+itunes of several years now. I thought the ipod was IT and nothing else mattered. But when I read about the new zunes and software improvements, I knew it was time to switch.

I downloaded the software right away and started transferring my music. Then adding podcasts, then subscribing to a zune card account, and viewed marketplace. Wow, I was impressed.

I've had this growing disgust feeling about using the ipod + itunes, and that was too much to bear. From the old school navigation, to no quick way to get back to the home menu, clicking and scrolling and getting lost in the tree hierarchy, and so on. When no real updates or new innovations came from the last firmware update for my 5.5G, that was the last straw. My search for a device began.

Living in Canada makes it hard to locate a zune. The rumors are out about a possible spring release but I couldn't wait that long. Using the zune software made me want to experience the device too. Off to craigslist I went and found a local Vancouver guy selling a brand new zune30 for a lot less than a new one. Being a mac user, he had no need for it. A gift for him, but turned out it was meant for me.

It's been a great week so far with it and have moved on from the lack of features I lost from switching to the zune software. I make it work for me now and it's great so far. The new UI and navigation is such a joy to use from the old ipod menu. And the speed everything moves around, the album art size, the big screen, it's all been great.

I've enjoyed finding zunethoughts and other websites and forums to learn more from users. Hopefully next year I can upgrade to a Canadian Zune 80 or the next gen zune.:D