View Full Version : Got a question...

nook
11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I bought my wife a Zune 80g and am looking at getting one for myself and returning my iPod Touch. Here is my question. Me and my wife have differing music tastes and I just want to know if the new software supports multiple users. In otherwords, I don't want to have to try and sort my stuff from hers. is this possible?

nook
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
hello...anyone?

ChrisW
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
nook, I don't know this for sure, but...

The Zune desktop software keeps its collection database in a location that's specific to the logged-on user. So if you each have your own userids on the pc, I think it'll work out.

BTW, I think you'll get more people to look at your question if you give your posting a more interesting subject than "Got a question".

Sven Johannsen
12-06-2007, 03:54 AM
It does know which Zune is which, so you can set up different sync sets. You will likely need to do that with playlists, if the different user logins thing isn't going to work for you.

I have an 30G original and an 8G V2 Zune and they each have different playlists synced. Could as well be his and her sets. So maybe it doesn't really support different users, but it supports different Zunes.