View Full Version : Digital Trends : Zune Isn't So Bad

David Tucker
11-21-2007, 05:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review4831_intro24162.html' target='_blank'>http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review4831_intro24162.html</a><br /><br /></div><em>&ldquo;Like a phoenix rising from the flames, the new Zune may have a chance at a fresh, meaningful and lucrative life, free from teasing and taunting with which the original brown Zune was cursed. The 4GB and 8GB flash-based Zune has a new (albeit nano-like) compact design, a beautiful little LCD screen, quality accessories and substantial sound production. We at Digital Trends took the new Zune on a test drive and we've got a report for you. Read on to find out what we liked and disliked, and be sure to check out our short Zune video.&rdquo;</em><br /><br />Overall, I think Digital Trends gave a very fair review of the Zune 8. (Wow, last year when the first Zune came out I was frustrated every time I read a &lsquo;review&rsquo;. What difference a year makes in public perception.) One thing I found interesting was that they knocked the Marketplace as being difficult to sign in. I&rsquo;m not sure why since they didn&rsquo;t really go into detail about that and I know from my experience that it signs me in automatically.<br /><br />I do notice that many reviewers aren&rsquo;t sold still on the Marketplace and Digital Trends is no exception. I do give them props for giving the subscription model props, which was very refreshing to see. They still thought the software could use improvement though I wasn&rsquo;t completely clear as to what other than to make it more like iTunes. I guess most people are used to iTunes so I can understand that a bit but I never could get into the program even long before my Zune days.<br /><br />Overall though, Digital Trends liked the Zune and if you&rsquo;re trying to decide still if you want the Zune 4/8 then this is a good read.

serpico
11-23-2007, 01:14 AM
As I've written in another post, I'm a new zune user. I was reading all the reviews last week about the new devices & software. I was disgusted by many of the reviews that didn't even give it a chance against the ipod. It was so unfair. This device has the potential to light a flame under Apple's arse to not sit on their arse. I wish more people give it a chance this second round.