View Full Version : Confirmed: Zune 30 Dock/AV Kit works with Zune 80

Siouxperman
11-18-2007, 10:34 PM
The booklet that came with the v1 Zune Dock said adapters would be available for future Zunes. I purchased the Zune 80 and last night I found out that if you remove the top plastic piece on the v1 dock, you are able to dock the Zune 80 on it. You lose the nice shiny gun metal color plastic adapter that is standard on the v1 Dock but it is still a shiny black plastic piece and it looks fine.

Great news is you don't have to purchase the new Zune dock if you already have the v1 Dock and you don't have to spend more money or wait for a different adapter either. The v1 Remote also works with the 80 so no need for a new remote.

Until last night, I thought I was going to have to get a new adapter sent from Microsoft or buy a new dock for the 80. Not the case.

If you have the dock and are wondering how to remove the standard plastic piece I am talking about, there is a slot in the plastic remote holder area on the back of the Zune dock. You push it in with a screw driver or something else that you have that fits in the slot. Lift while you push in and it releases and lifts off. You will see a second level that actually looks nearly identical to the standard top layer except more of a black color instead of the gun metal and no Zune logo or name.