View Full Version : Zune in Canada

jman21
11-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi. I came accross your site via Youtube (the zune walkthroughs) and I found some pretty interesting things here, so I decided to stay :)

Well, I have a question. Ever since they were talking about the Zune coming out, I have found that I love it. Especially the Zune Pad.

Unfortunately, I live up in the Great White North (aka Canada) where the Zune is not yet available. I looked up 'Zune 8' on eBay and I found that there are people selling Zunes and will ship to Canada.

I was wondering though, will I be able to successfully register the Marketplace and have full functionality over the Zune, even if it is in Canada?

-jman21

Jason Dunn
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I've moved your post from off-topic since it's really quite on-topic. :cool:

...I found some pretty interesting things here, so I decided to stay

Great! Welcome to our Zune community. :D

Unfortunately, I live up in the Great White North (aka Canada) where the Zune is not yet available...I was wondering though, will I be able to successfully register the Marketplace and have full functionality over the Zune, even if it is in Canada?

The short answer is no. The long answer is that you won't be able to buy the Zune Pass account because they block non-US credit cards based on billing address. You won't be able to purchase Zune Marketplace songs because of the credit card issue. Xbox Live points cards sold in Canada won't work either - you'd need to purchase point cards from the US and redeem them. As you can tell, it's not very easy. Watch the front page, I'll whip up a post about this issue and how I've dealt with it...

jman21
11-16-2007, 11:55 PM
[quote]I'll whip up a post about this issue and how I've dealt with it...['img]

I will be eagerly awaiting that post ;)