View Full Version : Zune Pre-Loaded Content

Adam Krebs
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://generationzune.net/?p=468' target='_blank'>http://generationzune.net/?p=468</a><br /><br /></div>Those who thought Zune2 wouldn't be shipping with pre-loaded content (myself included) will be happy to know that this isn't the case. Here's the list:<br /><blockquote><p><strong>Music</strong>:<br />Ceu - Ave Cruz<br />The Handsome Furs - Cannot Get Started<br />Junkie XL - Dark Territory<br />Pacha Massive - Don&rsquo;t let go<br />Barenaked Ladies - Easy<br />Mexican Institute of Sound - El Microfono<br />Datarock - Fa-Fa-Fa<br />John Doe - Golden State<br />Rosey - It&rsquo;s a Ruse<br />Sidestepper - Paloma<br />Andrew Bird - Plasticities (Alternative Mix)<br />Pop Levi - Sugar Assault Me Now<br />Bebel Gilberto - Um Segundo<br />The Avett Brothers - Will You Return?<br />Great Lake Swimmers - Your Rocky Spine</p><p><strong>Videos</strong>:<br />Robyn Hitchcock - Adventure Rocket Ship<br />All that Remains - The Air That I Breathe<br />Avril Lavigne - Avril Lanvigne&rsquo;s Make 5 Wishes Vol. 1<br />Dntel - The Distance<br />Pacha Massive - Don&rsquo;t Let Go<br />Sick Capita - Firt Kiss<br />CeU - Roda<br />Low - Hachet<br />Funky C - Joya<br />IFC - A Passion For Filmmaking<br />RedBull BC1<br />The Format - She Doesn&rsquo;t Get it<br />Barenaked Ladies - Wind It Up<br />Zune - 45 Sec Promo</p><p><strong>Podcasts</strong>:<br />KEXP Live<br />This American Life<br />Using Podcasts (In English and Spanish) </p></blockquote>

onlydarksets
11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Am I the only person who immediately deletes any preloaded content? I don't think I've ever bought a device or OS that had something I wanted to keep.

Covert
11-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Am I the only person who immediately deletes any preloaded content? I don't think I've ever bought a device or OS that had something I wanted to keep.
While I usually give the free content a try, I've never liked any of it.

onlydarksets
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Exactly - that's what I meant to say.

Jason Dunn
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Am I the only person who immediately deletes any preloaded content?

I usually check it out first, explore it a bit, to see if there's anything worth keeping. I sometimes find bands I want to check out more on my own. I really like the fact that they include some content, that's better than anything Apple has ever done. :cool:

onlydarksets
11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Covert's post better captured what I meant. I have yet to find anything in the preloaded content that I have enjoyed, and I end up deleting it. I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd rather get less content, but be able to choose the genre - maybe then I would find something interesting.

As it stands, preloaded content usually consists of one song from each of a number of genres. The chances of them getting it "right" for me are slim. In theory it is better than nothing, but in practice that is exactly what it is for me.

Alber1690
11-15-2007, 06:33 AM
The promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99POT_6Ydc) is pretty darn cool though!