View Full Version : Wild Zunes?

David Tucker
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/11/zune-2-already-.html' target='_blank'>http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/11/zune-2-already-.html</a><br /><br /></div>I&rsquo;m starting to see reports around the internet that retailers are releasing the before the actual street date. Some of the named offenders I&rsquo;ve seen are Circuit City, Target and Walmart. I&rsquo;ve always heard about stuff like this happening but I&rsquo;ve never managed to find anyone doing it. I guess the stores in my area are run by people who like to keep their jobs.<br /><br />Have any of you seen the Zune 2G devices popping up on store shelves? This could be the ultimate scavenger hunt if someone managed to find a picture and show it to us of a Zune on a store shelf before next Tuesday. And if you managed to buy one before next Tuesday, well, that&rsquo;d be really cool! So go forth, Zuners!

Roan
11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
I was just at my local Target here in Monroe, Michigan and they had a single, black Zune 4GB in the case. I tried to buy it.

The woman working electronics took it out of the case, I held it in my hands for a brief second and then she took it to the register. When she tried to ring it up a message popped up on the screen: "Cannot Sell Before 11/13".

She wouldn't sell it to me. Needless to say I got a little angry with her and asked "If its in the case and even has a price tag on it, why can't you sell it to me?"

To which she replied: "Look, even if I wanted to sell it to you I couldn't as the computer won't register the bar code when I scan it."

I was so close! T_T

Looks like I'll just have to wait until Tuesday.

David Tucker
11-09-2007, 10:41 PM
You didn't try hard enough! :p

Alber1690
11-10-2007, 12:58 AM
According to a friend, my local Walmart had some on display. I haven't had a chance to check them out, but I'll see what I can do.

Adam Krebs
11-10-2007, 07:18 PM
It's not worth it to get it early. Since there's no CD in the new packaging, you have to download the software/firmware from the web (which, of course, hasn't been released yet.) The player doesn't do anything without firmware first: no pre-loads, no radio, no nothing.

One guy at Zunerama went out and bought one, but because of Microsoft's software restrictions, hasn't been able to do anything with it.

David Tucker
11-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Sure its worth it...just to say you have it! And then at the moment its able to be used...you'll already have it. :p