View Full Version : Need help chosing a phone with specific features. Please help.

DoubleDown
10-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Ok, I'm looking to identify all my options for the purchase of a "smart" phone.

Here's what I want:

(1) easy and effortless syncing with Outlook for contacts, calendar and tasks;

(2) preferably a full qwerty keyboard;

(3) in the calendar section, I want the ability to view in "agenda" form (sometimes called "list" or "event" form).

As for #3, what I mean by this is a way to view a long list of all my upcoming events, without being tied into a specific week or month. On the Blackberry, this is called "Agenda View."

I played around a bit with the Samsung Blackjack at an AT&T store and, unless I missed it, it did not have this option. All I noticed on the calendar options were a "week view" and a "month view." Since the Blackjack uses Windows Mobile 5, I assume that this may mean that no Windows Mobile 5 device will accomplish what I want. I don't know if Windows Mobile 6 is any different.

Anyway, I know that the Blackberry devices do exactly what I want. The purpose of this post is to determine if a Blackberry is my only option. So, are there any other devices out there that do what I want?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Mike Temporale
10-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Windows Mobile doesn't do a "Agenda" style view. At least not the way you're looking for. However, the best thing about Windows Mobile, is the 3rd party applications. There are a couple really good calendar replacement tools out on the market that should be able to do exactly what your looking for. Check out apps like Extreme Agenda, Papyrus, or AgendaOne.