View Full Version : .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Not Reinstall ?

SCPH
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I had .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 installed on my storage card. The storage card just went bad. I am in the process of re-installing things. CF 2.0 Sp2 will not install! At first, the problem was insufficient storage space in main memory/storage to get the installation to run via ActiveSync. So then I went to my SDK directory and copied this file directly to the storage card:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce500\armv4i\NETCFv2.wce5.armv4i.cab

Running that from the phone itself just fails with the error "...installation was unsuccessful..."

I have 5.5mb free on the main memory.

How can I get this to install?

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
10-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Have you uninstalled the previous version from the phone? I wonder if it's failing because it still thinks it's already installed. Just a guess.

scottb
10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I suspect 5.5 Mb is not enough free space to complete the installation. Even when installing to a card, you might need enough temporary room in main memory to complete the install. .NET CF itself is probably close to that size after it's installed -- I'm sure more room is needed to actually run the installation.