View Full Version : Remove Programs list is empty on my Dash

sub_tex
09-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Title says it all!

The Remove Programs area in Settings shows a blank list instead of all of my apps.

Any way to fix this? I was doing some Google searches, and found someone mention that after 49 apps installed, the list goes blank and you have to use ActiveSync to remove anything. Is that true?

I hope not since I use Linux for my desktop, and have no way of using ActiveSync.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

scottb
09-21-2007, 01:38 AM
If you have can get the cab files to your mobile device, just run the installation. The installation routine will remove the existing application before it installs. After the removal step, cancel the install.

sub_tex
09-21-2007, 01:46 AM
That would help for any single app, but I don't find that a good solution to the larger problem of why there is nothing in my programs list in the first place.

scottb
09-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Once you get your installed application count below 50, the list should populate again.

sub_tex
09-21-2007, 02:06 AM
wow, so that really is the case, eh?

I can't even imagine the thinking that went into that. Under what circumstances is that ever going to be intuitive to an end user?

Sometimes trying to figure out why MS makes these decisions really just hurts my head.

*Sigh*

Well, at least I know what the deal is. Thanks for the help!

Mike Temporale
09-21-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm guessing that's a bug, but it's been that way for a while now. So maybe not. :confused: