View Full Version : Speed dial to a Web page?

gai-jin
09-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Is there any way to set a speed dial to open PIE to a specific web page? I tried creating a shortcut on the desktop to the web site, then copying it into my start menu and adding speed dial, but the shortcut wasn't recognized properly.

Mike Temporale
09-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I'm not surprised that the desktop version didn't work. The files are located differently on WinMo. Your favourites are stored under \Windows\Favorites and IEM is found at \Windows\iexplore on Windows Mobile. I tried copying the favourite to the start menu, but that doesn't work since it doesn't seem to be linked to the iexplore application. You'll need to create a new shortcut and edit it's properties to add the URL at the end of program name.

gai-jin
09-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Mike -- Have you actually done this, or was it just a guess? I can't seem to get it working. When I copy the IE shortcut from my phones start menu to my desktop, and open it with notepad, here's how it reads:

21#:MSPIE?:pieapp

I've tried adding the url at the end both in quotes and not, but it still launches IE to the favorites, not to the page I'm trying to get to.

So, I'm still stuck. How does one create a shortcut file to launch IE and take you to a specific web page in WM5?

Mike Temporale
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
You'll need to use a good file explorer like Resco. I don't think it would work to copy it to your desktop and the edit it. I needs to be done on the phone.

I haven't done it, but I can try later today if I get a free chance.

gai-jin
09-18-2007, 02:33 PM
You'll need to use a good file explorer like Resco. I don't think it would work to copy it to your desktop and the edit it. I needs to be done on the phone.

I haven't done it, but I can try later today if I get a free chance.If you do, I'd appreciate it. I've got resco on the phone, but I can't see any way in resco to edit the target of a shortcut.

gai-jin
09-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Anyone have any luck with this? I still can't figure out how to create a shortcut to a web page...