View Full Version : HTCmail: The New Exchange or Blackberry?

Jerry Raia
09-06-2007, 02:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.htc.com/press_room/03-press-070828.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.htc.com/press_room/03-press-070828.htm</a><br /><br /></div><p><span class="bodyText"><em>&quot;HTC also today announced the launch of HTCmail, a fully hosted, secure, and managed email service based on Microsoft Hosted Exchange. HTCmail will bring the benefits of always-connected business to mobile professionals. The HTC offering provides seamless and real-time access to up to five different email accounts, either personal or work mailboxes, aggregated and instantly delivered to a mobile device through Outlook 2007. Features include email, contacts and calendar, enabling users to easily access information and communications while on the go.&quot;</em></span></p><p><span class="bodyText">As the Blackberry slowly fades away, OK I'm just being hopeful here, another way to do mobile email is perhaps on the horizon, for now it will be only in Europe. I am interested in how this plays out. I am curious as to how this works with Outlook as well. A little competition for Exchange perhaps?</span></p>

kettch
09-06-2007, 02:22 AM
The press release says that they are just providing a Hosted Exchange service. Thus, it will work perfectly with Outlook.

No competition here. :D

ctmagnus
09-06-2007, 04:04 AM
As the Blackberry slowly fades away, OK I'm just being hopeful here, another way to do mobile email is perhaps on the horizon, for now it will be only in Europe. I am interested in how this plays out. I am curious as to how this works with Outlook as well. A little competition for Exchange perhaps?

"HTC also today announced the launch of HTCmail, a fully hosted, secure, and managed email service based on Microsoft Hosted Exchange."It is Exchange. ;) :twak:

Mike Temporale
09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Sounds very i-mate-ish. ;)

Great idea, but I don't know how many people would take them up on this versus going with a true and experienced provider like 4Smartphone, mail2web, or 1and1 (or whatever they're called)

Jerry Raia
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
It is Exchange. ;) :twak:

Hey it was a long day :o

ctmagnus
09-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Great idea, but I don't know how many people would take them up on this versus going with a true and experienced provider like 4Smartphone, mail2web, or 1and1 (or whatever they're called)

Well, considering that 4Smartphone just raised their rates by a good chunk, HTC may have some users jumping ship to them.

Mike Temporale
09-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Good point - but the HTC service isn't free. There's a couple months free to start (with handset purchase), but there is an expected cost after that. I just don't know the rates. If they price it good, then they have a chance.