View Full Version : Exchange access with GPRS WEP or Internet in Australia

paulperroni
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Hello everyone!
I am traveling to Australia next month and plan to purchase a "Pre Payed" VODAFONE sim card for my unlocked phone.

My intentions are to access my 'Microsoft Exchange Server" so I can keep working abroad.

Now, Vodafone tells me that I will be able to access the WEP service only... "NOT" the internet.
I just dont understand?

Does this mean I will not be able to access the Exchange server?

I need to see my emails and work while out of town...

Thanks for your help!!

iporter
08-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Hello everyone!
I am traveling to Australia next month and plan to purchase a "Pre Payed" VODAFONE sim card for my unlocked phone.

My intentions are to access my 'Microsoft Exchange Server" so I can keep working abroad.

Now, Vodafone tells me that I will be able to access the WEP service only... "NOT" the internet.
I just dont understand?

Does this mean I will not be able to access the Exchange server?

I need to see my emails and work while out of town...

Thanks for your help!!

I'm from Oz and can tell you that Vodaphone is not the way to go. In fact, pre-paid 3G is not available on pre-paid here. You'll need to go for a post-paid service from either Virgin ($20/month for voice and $20 extra for broadband access) or 3 (Three) ($29 cap plan that gives you $120/month of calls and $20 extra for 500Mb of data). These are the only worthwhile plans for you and can be viewed at www.three.com.au and www.virginmobile.com.au. Hope this helps.

iporter
08-27-2007, 05:49 AM
One other point on this matter - for exchange server you might want to divert your mail to a mail2web account - www.mail2web.com - this allows access to your mail by outlook web access (owa). Very neat solution fo $2/month.

paulperroni
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Hello and thank you very much for your reply.
All I need is a pre-paid WAP service to access the internet in Australia.

I already have the 'mail2web' exchange and Outlook service... you are right, it is great!!