View Full Version : SmartPhone Voice Quality

craig135
08-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Hi everyone,
I've been looking to upgrade from my current flip phone to a nice new smart phone like the Q, Mogul, or Dash. I've tried calling people on the sample phones in the stores, and I'm very consistently told me my simple flip-phone sounds much better. So, what SmartPhone would you suggest as having the best voice quality? Is there anything that can compete well with a conventional flip-phone?!

Thanks a lot for any help,
Craig

Mike Temporale
08-18-2007, 12:24 PM
There's lot of factors that play into voice quality. For starters, Are you switching networks? That would be the most significant difference IMHO. You also need to consider the reception at the location you make the call from. That will impact what the other person is hearing.

Between Smartphones, you have to consider the manufacturer too. Moto vs Samsung, vs HTC, they all have different voice quality. They are all pretty good, but there are differences.

I've been using a BlackJack for a while and I find the call quality really good.

craig135
08-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Mike, thanks a lot for the info. Actually, I experienced the same fairly significant quality difference on the same network, making a call from my phone and some of the smartphones (Q and Mogul) at the same location. The network, location, and time of day doubtless play a huge role, but in this case I tried to control for those. :)
But anyway, now I'm starting to lean toward the Q...so any thoughts on Q's, Moguls and Blackjacks in terms of voice quality is certainly appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Craig

Terry Pickett
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
My Cingular 2125 voice quality has always been excellent. This is my third HTC phone and they all have been extremely good in voice quality.