View Full Version : No Name Display on WM5/6 phones?

karinatwork
08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Bummer. The name display service from Rogers does not work on smartphones. It actually does work on very few phones. I wonder if there is a software application that makes it compatible... :(

subzerohf
08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
If you have Caller ID, and the caller is on your address book, his/her name should appear on the screen. I even have the caller's picture displayed beside the name.

Mike Temporale
08-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey Karen, I have no problems on mine devices. But again, I'm using caller ID and it will look up the contact in my address book.

gai-jin
08-15-2007, 06:12 AM
I think the OP was referring to true Caller ID w/ Name Display, coming from the carrier, as opposed to numeric only CID with the phone looking up the name if it's in the contact list.

Mike Temporale
08-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I think the OP was referring to true Caller ID w/ Name Display, coming from the carrier, as opposed to numeric only CID with the phone looking up the name if it's in the contact list.

Ah... Well in that case - yeah, Rogers sucks. I've never had much luck with caller ID from the carrier. It seems like each carrier does it differently and they don't tend to pass info between each other very well. :(