View Full Version : Another Cavalier bug?

dwhitney
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
In addition to the text entry bug noted in the Cavalier unboxing thread here, I believe I've encountered another bug.

If I use the keyboard shortcut from the home screen to go to my voicemail (press and hold the 1 key...), subsequent keys entered on the keyboard don't get actually passed over the phone (ie- like entering your pin to get into your voicemail...) but instead get registered as letters being typed on the unit to find a contact (ie.- it starts filtering contacts on the screen and switches away from the phone application).

ANNOYING AS H*LL!

Any other Cavalier users confirm this?

onlydarksets
08-06-2007, 12:09 AM
In addition to the text entry bug noted in the Cavalier unboxing thread here, I believe I've encountered another bug.

If I use the keyboard shortcut from the home screen to go to my voicemail (press and hold the 1 key...), subsequent keys entered on the keyboard don't get actually passed over the phone (ie- like entering your pin to get into your voicemail...) but instead get registered as letters being typed on the unit to find a contact (ie.- it starts filtering contacts on the screen and switches away from the phone application).

ANNOYING AS H*LL!

Any other Cavalier users confirm this?

Can you put a pause in there? Does that make a difference?

dwhitney
08-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Can you put a pause in there? Does that make a difference?

I'm not really sure what you mean by pause but if I understand correctly, I think already am. I hold and push 1... wait for voicemail system to prompt me to enter my box pin number.... try and enter my pin and then the contacts screen pops up instead of sending my key presses as number tones to the voicemail system (and hence I'm unable to get into my voicemail this way). To get into my voicemail, I have to first pull up the phone screen/app and then select my voicemail from there to be able to use the number keys to enter my pin...

onlydarksets
08-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Sorry, I thought you meant you had programmed your password into the Voicemail speed dial. Ignore my last post.

Sounds like a bug - I have no insights.