View Full Version : Active Sync With Vista Ultimate

Terry Pickett
08-04-2007, 03:26 AM
I just upgraded from Windows Vista Premium to Vista Ultimate. Active Sync was working fine on Vista Premium but shut down using Vista Ultimate. I am using a Cingular 2125.

I am getting the error message "Active Sync encountered a problem on the desktop with Support Code # 0X85010014" Also the expected message the the sync failed on the smart phone.

I am trying to get in contact with Microsoft but the Active Sync department is Monday thru Friday.

Anyone run into this problem? I sync a lot to the phone and really am looking forward to getting it running again.

I appreciate anyone's help.

onlydarksets
08-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I haven't seen this issue specifically, but there is a fair amount of chatter on Google about it:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Support+Code+%23+0X85010014

Did you happen to install OneCare or re-activate the firewall when you upgraded license keys? If so, that could make a difference.

Terry Pickett
08-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I got active sync to work. My PC this morning was saying it was unable to sync due to the fact that Outlook was not installed. I scratched my head as Outlook was installed and working properly. I thought, maybe I should reinstall Office 2007 or see if the repair function is still an option in Office 2007. Repair is still an option, so I did the repair. After the repair, active sync found both devices, my Pocket PC and Smartphone had a successful sync with both devices. All I can imagine is that Outlook was corrupted when I did the upgrade to Vista Ultimate. It seemed to be a smooth upgrade except my Dymo LabelWriter driver was uninstalled. All my other programs, contacts and schedules in Outlook were saved.
Posssiblly this will help someone else. Being able to sync with my devices is a top priority for my needs.

Terry Pickett
08-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Please go to the link listed below for additional information on the Active Sync problem. Microsoft recommends reinstall or repair Outlook with that error report.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx