View Full Version : Cingular GPRS settings on a TMO Dash

humayunl
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I suddenly find myself stumped on something so basic, its been second nature till now.

I just got me an unlocked Tmobile Dash. On my current phone (WM 5 PocketPc) I have the cingular GPRS connection setup under settings>Connections with wap.cingular as a access point and [email protected] for username and CINGULAR1 as the password. No other settings were made and it works fine.

On the Dash (which is my first smartphone), I go to settings, GPRS and setup a new connection. First I select "connects to - Internet" and in the access point and username and password I enter stuff as above.

I dont populate any other fields (authentication type Pap/CHAP, IPs etc.). But when i try to go online (say google.com from explorer) it fails and says "Erroe: the remote party has ended this connection".

Can anyone please help? maybe it is going to the TMo connection be default or something?

humayunl
08-01-2007, 05:54 AM
I answered myself in my initial post. It was the default TMo connections that were kicking in. Deleted them and its fine.