View Full Version : Windows Live

jhar633
07-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Hey everyone, wondering if anyone can shed some light on the problem I seem to be having with installing Windows Live on my Blackjack. After I download the program, I click on the setup icon (Windows Vista) and it gives me the option to save the file to different places on my computer, but not to the phone or the storage card (which is actively synced, with Windows Mobile Device Center open). According to the instructions there should be an option to save it to the storage card in my phone. Does anyone know if the Windows Live program is compatable with the blackjack? Any help is appreciated!

J

Mike Temporale
07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
what type of file is it? Sounds to me like it's a CAB file. CAB files should not be run on your computer. Copy the file to your phone and run it from file explorer on your phone.

jhar633
07-17-2007, 04:10 PM
figured it out. there is actuall a link on Windows Mobile Home, and gives a link to go to on the BJ browser to download it directly onto the phone via web. ive gotta say, this is a pretty sweet app! like a google earth/mapquest/phone directory all in one

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/livesearch/default.mspx

thanks for the reply, for some reason the files would not transfer onto the phone through Windows MDC to even try to open it on the phone. is there another way to transfer files in case this happens in the future?