View Full Version : Themes for Windows mobile 6 ?

atlp99
07-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Are there any themes that work on windows mobile 6? I looked and all i can find are themes for WM 5.

I am running WM6 on a T-Mobile dash.

Thanks

Mike Temporale
07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
There's a lot to pick from. Check out this thread which lists a handful of the top sites out there.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14496

atlp99
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I looked at Juni's and Prosper's but both require facade or smart monitor. Neither program states that they work with WM6.

I tried to insttall Smartmonitor by downloading the zip file, unzipped it, moved the cab file to my phone, and ran it. It said that it might not run corectly when because of WM6. When i tried to install Juni's iphone theme it would not transfer from my laptop.
I have not tried Facade.

I could be doing something wrong, i am pretty tech savy but pretty new to smartphones.

Thanks Again

Mike Temporale
07-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Both Prosper and Juni have versions without Facade.

As for WinMo6 compatibility, they are. The home screen layout and standards have not changed in a while. The only difference is with the Vox and it's rotating screen. Otherwise, all WinMo5 themes should work without problems. Plugins would be another story.

The warning you get when installing that says it was created for a previous version of Windows Mobile can be ignored. There are a lot of 3rd party apps that display that. It's not easy or commonly known by all developers on how to prevent that popup.

atlp99
07-14-2007, 05:59 AM
Thank you for the replys.

I tried redownloading and installing smartmonitor and Juni's iphone theme and it worked. I guess that it was a bad download the first time. I like the look of the theme, just have to see if I can get used to not having the recently used program icons on the home screen.

Thanks again.

atlp99
07-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Is it possible to change the order of the icons in the start menu? I dont think having the recently used icons on the home screen would be as much of an issue if there is a way to change the order that folders appear in the start menu.

Thanks again

Mike Temporale
07-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Yes, there's a couple ways to do that. However, I would suggest using the speed dial feature. It's really easy and gives you 1 button access to your top 9 apps. (And dtwo button access to your next 90 apps. ;) )

Just browse the start menu, find the app you want and highlight it. Press the Menu soft key and then select Speed Dial. Enter the number you want to use (1 is reserved for voice mail). Then from your home screen just press and hold that key to launch that application.

To change the start menu, there is a registry setting that says what the first page or two of the start menu should contain. This is designed so the carrier can make sure that their app is right at the start and easy for people to find. You'll have to search the forums for the reg key, I can't recall what it is. But changing what's listed here will order the start menu the way you want. A lot of the tweaks programs have this in them too. Like Tweaks2K.

EDIT - I just searched the forum and it should be the following registry key.
HKCU/software/microsoft/shell/startmenu/order

atlp99
07-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I am using the speed dial for the apps i frequently use now, thanks for the tip.

I might still look at changing the apps around in the start menu, can you recomend software to edit the registry or otherwise reorder the apps. I see registry edditing gets mentionde a good bit but I have yet to try it, would it be better long term to be able to edit the registry than use another program?

Thaks you again for all the help, I have almost got my dash set up for my preferences.

Mike Temporale
07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, you'll want to be careful when making changes to the registry. Just like on the PC, except a mistake on the phone means you might have to hard reset and loose everything.

There's a lot of registry tools. I like Resco's, but there is also a free one called PHM Registry Editor that's pretty good.

atlp99
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Thank you for all your help.