View Full Version : Yet Another Free Push Email Solution for Windows Mobile

Mike Temporale
07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.consilient.com' target='_blank'>http://www.consilient.com</a><br /><br /></div>Consilient has just tossed their hat into the mix. They're offering a free push email solution for Windows Mobile, specifically, the BlackJack but I don't see any reason why this would not work on other devices as well. It will push your email from any of the top web based email accounts like Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo. It even offers you the ability to lock down your phone if it's lost. So if you don't already have push email or you want to get your web based email account on your Windows Mobile device, this looks like it might be worth a try.

hotdram
07-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Educate me please on "Push".
I currently have a yahoo account. I receiver that email on my blackjack via pop/smtp settings on the phone's email tool. I have it checking the server every 15 minutes. What would "Push" do for me?

Thanks,
Rob

StefanScoon
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
I've been using Consilient push on my BlackJack for quite a few months now. I like it alot. I find it among one of the better free Push Email Services being offered (I've tried MANY). It is simple to use, works right along with outlook, and does not need the PC to connect.

modgnik
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Yes is does work on other phones. I have had it on my Asus Jupiter WM5 Smartphone now for a few months. It works great. At present only one web based email can be 'pushed' with WM phones (other phones can do up to 5)
I have selected Gmail to push. I also use the excellent free version of Mail2web as well which collects my pop email. Throw in my Hotmail ac as well and I never have to login to my pc except to check out large attachments or ones I can't open on my phone. What with PIE, Opera Mini, Pocket MSN, WiFi, 3G, Voip and these Push email solutions, your average person, like me, does not need a pc at all.

mbranscum
07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Educate me please on "Push".
I currently have a yahoo account. I receiver that email on my blackjack via pop/smtp settings on the phone's email tool. I have it checking the server every 15 minutes. What would "Push" do for me?

It will push the mail to your device right when it arrives. WM software pings for new mail every so many seconds as opposed to pull mail where you poll for mail every so many minutes when configured to work with an exchange server.

randalllewis
07-12-2007, 04:47 AM
This product sounds like it meets the needs of some users but if all it does is push web mail it doesn't do enough for me. And the Blackjack already comes with two other email solutions: Good and xPress. I am using xPress and it pushes my corporate email to my phone without having to go through my IT department.

mbranscum
07-12-2007, 04:53 AM
This product sounds like it meets the needs of some users but if all it does is push web mail it doesn't do enough for me. And the Blackjack already comes with two other email solutions: Good and xPress. I am using xPress and it pushes my corporate email to my phone without having to go through my IT department.

Is xpress and Good free like this service?

hotdram
07-12-2007, 12:22 PM
It will push the mail to your device right when it arrives. WM software pings for new mail every so many seconds as opposed to pull mail where you poll for mail every so many minutes when configured to work with an exchange server.

Thank you sir :)
That's what I assumed push meant, but I am just a lowly analog hardware engineer, so I wanted to make sure ;)

~Rob

jhalsey205
07-12-2007, 12:42 PM
... I also use the excellent free version of Mail2web as well which collects my pop email...

Are you saying that this can co-exist with MSExchange push email (like mail2web)?

Thanks

John

modgnik
07-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Are you saying that this can co-exist with MSExchange push email (like mail2web)?

Thanks

John[/quote]
Yes.
I added Consilient to both my phones (Jupiter &amp; imate SP5)
specifically for my Gmail.
Previously my Gmail was picked up by my free version of Mail2web and pushed to my phones but when I respond, the recipient sees the mail coming from Mail2web not my Gmail, which confuses people sometimes.
Now, with Consilient, recipients see my response coming from Gmail with a little ad tagged on at the end of your message: Sent by Consilient Push - Try it free!

randalllewis
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Is xpress and Good free like this service?

I don't know about Good as I am not using it, but xPress is free and involves a simple download to your PC (it come preinstalled on the Blackjack). xPress pushes mail and calendar items from Outlook and has been flawless for me so far.

Tim Williamson
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Can you set it up so it doesn't push and rather polls the server every 30 minutes?

randalllewis
07-13-2007, 04:17 AM
I made a quick trip through the menus on xPress Mail and don't find an option for polling rather than pushing. There may be more info on the xPress Mail pages on the AT&amp;T website.

Tim Williamson
07-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Does Consilient Push have a polling option?

spacehippie2k
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I was going to sign up for this, and then I remembered that I had the option of push email through Live Hotmail and WM6. It doesn't do anything else - Outlook appointments, tasks, etc. It can do Contacts, supposedly but BEWARE (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=90066). Here's the instructions on how to do it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/mayurk/archive/2007/02/16/push-email-with-windows-live-hotmail-and-windows-mobile-6-0.aspx

So far, it's working like a charm...