View Full Version : Upper/lower case blues in BlackJack (i600)

Sven Bornemark
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi group,

Seven year old kids learn to begin sentences with an upper case letter. Is there any way to get my i600 to do that automatically?

When writing an SMS, I use the Caps Shift key to begin with a capital, but surely the i600 should be able to do this automatically! All my previous smartphones (SE P880, PalmTreo 650 and SE P990) have managed to perform this simple task.

Am I missing somwthing here? :roll:

/Sven

Mike Temporale
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Not sure what's going on with your device, but my BlackJack does that already. So has my previous Windows Mobile devices. Works in SMS and emails.

Are you waiting until you finish typing the word and press space? It won't Cap the first letter until you are done the word and press space.

Sven Bornemark
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Actually, I found a way around the problem. It's a bit far fetched, but it works. Please note that my phone is a Swedish device called "Samsung SGH-i600" with a Swedish keyboard (the keys surrounding space are labeled ö, ä and å).

When in text edit mode (like when writing an SMS), I press Fn and then the "123" key. I can then make a selection about what text entry mode I prefer, like T9, ABC, 123, Symbols or Language (selection). If I choose T9, capitals are chosen automatically at the start of sentences. Neat! :)

Sven Bornemark
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Not sure what's going on with your device, but my BlackJack does that already. So has my previous Windows Mobile devices. Works in SMS and emails.

Are you waiting until you finish typing the word and press space? It won't Cap the first letter until you are done the word and press space.
Okay, then I assume you do most of you writing in T9 mode. That's exactly the way my phone behaves now after I acvtivated T9.

(T9 on a phone with a full keyboard is a bit of a funny mix, but then again...)

Mike Temporale
07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Nope, I use "abc" mode. Now, maybe there is some difference between the english version and the swedish version. I'm not sure about that. But me and T9 never really got along so I can assure you I'm not using T9. ;)