View Full Version : Just downloaded HTTPMail Provider (SP)Edition 1.5

Raychelle265
07-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Please help. I am trying to access MSN and Hotmail e-mail via this software.

I downloaded it onto my device. I set up my e-mail options, and tried to register with the code that was e-mailed to me and I get this message: "The Key you entered does not match the owner name "Empty Owner Name".

What did I do wrong? Is there a fix?
Thanks.
Raychelle :oops:

Mike Temporale
07-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Sounds like you need to set the owner name on your device. What device is it?

Raychelle265
07-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I have a Samsung BlackJack. How do I enter, fill in the owner name?(HTTPMail Register) says Owner name Empty. I am not technical. I need a step-by-step guide.

Raychelle 8O

Sven Johannsen
07-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Shouldn't be any different on the BLKJCK as any other SP, so here is how on one of mine.

Select Start (left soft key), select Settings (I have two phones that this is the bottom right option, or the 9 key, but look for settings). Look for the item in the list that says Owner Information (might have to select <more> to get to it. Then type in your name in the box.

Be aware that when you registered, you must have given them an Owner Name, or they could not have provided a key based on it. That is often emailed back to you with the Key. You need to type that name in just as it was typed in when you registered, and sent back to you.

While you are in the Owner Information screen, you might want to fill out the other items there. I would recommend entering your home phone or work phone, not the number of your BlackJack. If you leave your phone somewhere and an honest person finds it, it won't do them any good to call your cell number to tell you, they have your phone.