View Full Version : Should I give up and get a PPC Phone (I want Apps)?

hotdram
06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Question for the developers:
How come most of the WM applications that I would buy are only for PPC or PPC Phones and not Smartphones? I would like iGuidance, Quicken from Landware (ok, so they are supposed to release a SM version), Delorme Street Atlas.... and more. Currently all those apps only run on WM devices with touch screens.
Do ya'll think we will start to see more Smartphone apps in the future from major software companies, as Smartphone popularity grows? OR Do you think that due to the lack of titles available, people will get PPC phones? The main reason I don't have a PPC phone now is size, but in the not too distant future, that won't be the case. So on that note, do you foresee the Smartphone going the way of the Betamax once PPC phones become smaller?

~Rob

scottb
06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I think we are already seeing more Smartphone applications--I assume that will continue. Several choices of PIM replacements are available, browsers are starting to appear, various utilities are available. The list is growing.

I hope Smartphone (WM Standard) does not fade away. I prefer NOT having a touch screen.

Mike Temporale
06-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Things have come a long way. Just a couple years ago there was a huge difference in available software. You may not see what you want right now, but I'm certian it's on the way. The Q really helped to push the "Standard" platform into the faces of developers and helped them to understand that there are devices without touchscreens in the WinMo family.

Jerry Raia
06-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Don't forget too that with PPC devices you almost always give up one handed operation.

encece
07-05-2007, 03:40 AM
One of my biggest complaints about smartphones....