View Full Version : Dash or Wing

cube68
06-16-2007, 04:16 AM
I just cracked the screen of my Dash, don't ask, I also cracked my iPaq 6315 a few years ago... I am torn between replacing it with another Dash, which I have loved for the past 6 months, or ?upgrade? to a Wing... I love the simplicity and ease of use of my Dash, but I miss the wide variety of Pocket PC software out there. What do you think?

Mike Temporale
06-19-2007, 01:43 AM
why not just replace the screen?

cube68
06-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Are there any reputable sites that sell replacement LCD's? I used to use pocketpctechs.com, but they are more geared towards selling their repair service now, not just replacement parts. (I had replaced a few batteries and a LCD screen on iPaq 36xx with parts from them a few years ago.)

Mike Temporale
06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I've been meaning to post this to the front page - http://www.cnn.cn They've got a large selection of HTC stuff. You might need to look under Dopod, but I know they have a screen.

cube68
06-30-2007, 03:56 AM
I ordered the screen, and it came today. It took longer to open the case than it did to replace the screen, but after about 30 mins, my Dash is up and running again!!! The only phone I had laying around to use these past few weeks was an old Voicestream Nokia ?8290?, I have been going through some serious smartphone withdrawls... lol

Mike, thanks for your help!

Mike Temporale
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Awesome! Glad it works for you and I'm glad we got you back on to Windows Mobile. :mrgreen:

seanvree
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I ordered the screen, and it came today. It took longer to open the case than it did to replace the screen, but after about 30 mins, my Dash is up and running again!!! The only phone I had laying around to use these past few weeks was an old Voicestream Nokia ?8290?, I have been going through some serious smartphone withdrawls... lol

Mike, thanks for your help!

Hey, I've ran into the same issue. I just sent you a PM. . .but just for the record (in case anyone else has this issue). I see 6 tiny screws. . .did you have to remove those? ANy tips would help. Thanks!