View Full Version : stripped down smartphone

southie
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I'll be relocating to Toronto in late summer '07. I'm looking for a smartphone that striclty has cell phone and internet connection. I don't need the apps., camera, mp3, video -- strictly mobile internet and cell phone. Anyone know of any such smartphones?

scottb
06-16-2007, 05:32 AM
You might be better off with a plain mobile phone. You can use the browser in it. If it will run Opera Mini, you're all set.

encece
06-21-2007, 03:38 AM
I'll be relocating to Toronto in late summer '07. I'm looking for a smartphone that striclty has cell phone and internet connection. I don't need the apps., camera, mp3, video -- strictly mobile internet and cell phone. Anyone know of any such smartphones?

Wouldnt that equate to a non-smartphone?

Mike Temporale
06-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Southie, I think your reply has crossed the line and I've removed it and banned your account. Just because encece questioned what you were looking for doesn't mean you can go off and personally attach him. There's no room for people like that here. If you have any question about this, you can use the contact us page to discuss the issue with us.

Seems like somebody is socially challenged and it ain't encece. I probably would've come up with the same question about it being a non-smartphone, I happen to like semantics.

I guess 'Southie' is aptly named, with an attitude like that. He/she makes Archie Bunker look like a boy scout! Pray for Toronto!!

Sorry, Gavino - your reply got caught up when I removed Southie's uncalled for comments.

Gavino1212
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
It's alright . :) It's sad that there are people like that in the world. Personally, I'm an encourager. :D

encece
07-05-2007, 03:29 AM
DAMN! I missed the whole comment! Wasnt trying to be a jerk in my reply. Just sounded like he didint want a Smartphone but a regular phone with some wap access. Wished I'd seen his reply.

Gavino1212
07-05-2007, 06:28 AM
You didn't miss much Encece, basically you were drawn and quartered by this individual who apparently didn't care for the 'non-smartphone' comment.

Believe me, be glad you didn't see his response.

This person clearly is challenged not only on social ettiquete, but seemingly in social relations. Don't know what kind of childhood he had but I certainly hope he grows up soon.

Personally I like semantics. A non-smartphone? That was great!! Why do we park in a driveway and drive in a parkway? I love semantics! And questions that make folks think.

You did no wrong. :D Let Toronto beware of this person who so choses to relocate there. And hope that someone can be a better influence on him than he's had so far! :!: :D