View Full Version : SDA speaker on the fritz

galatians51
06-15-2007, 02:56 AM
I've got an SDA that's seen better days, but it's still a great device. However, I'm having problems with the audio, I can't make phone calls unless I am using a BT headset. Whenever I reset, it always takes itself to headset mode. If I try and change profiles, it still acts like it is on headset, even though it says its not.
I'm inclined to think its a hardware problem. I use the device a lot as an MP3 player with an 3.5 mm adapter, and after a while if I tried to plug in a hands free headset, the audio worked but the microphone wouldn't.
Well, as time went on it developed this problem with the speaker too. Now if I plug anything into it (headset or headphones) it works OK. But it seems like the speaker is dead when I unplug these accessories, almost like the unit still thinks its connected to them.
Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions how to fix it?

ditch_azeroth
06-15-2007, 08:42 PM
here's me out on a limb....

check the jack and try to see if the tip of your 3.5mm adapter is lodged in there... or maybe any other metallic/conductive thing that is lodged in there. if that doesnt work, try a hard reset. otherwise, well, get an htc advantage (yes, a man can always dream... lol)

Mike Temporale
06-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah, it's a spec of dust or something that's stuck in the jack. Try blowing a little air in the port. Or insert and remove the plug a number of times. That always worked for me.

galatians51
06-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Great, I'll try these tips straightaway. I tried to plug and unplug the jack a bunch of times already, but I'll check to see if there is something stuck in there. Thanks!

galatians51
06-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Great, I'll try these tips straightaway. I tried to plug and unplug the jack a bunch of times already, but I'll check to see if there is something stuck in there. Thanks!

galatians51
06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
It worked! I stuck a needle in there and cleaned out a few small pieces of dirt- good as new. Thanks!

Mike Temporale
06-21-2007, 01:05 PM
awesome - glad to hear it's working again. :)