View Full Version : Recommendations for carrying my Blackjack attached to my belt?

srsabu
06-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Does anyone have a case/holster/pouch with a belt clip that holds the Blackjack horizontally and allows you to use the headset jack while it is in the case? I grew to like the the one that came with my SMT 5600, as it kept it convenient to listen to while I was working on outdoor projects. I don't really like the plastic holsters that leave the phone exposed to getting bumped and scratched. The Blackjack also seems to get a bit warm when I listen to any streaming music via media player.

I've been looking at the ones mentioned on the various threads on some of the different forums, but it has been difficult to see if they allow access to the headphone port from the pictures on the websites.

The Vaja case looks nice, but is into the 'wife would kill me' price range.

I realize this post hits on a number of pet peeves for some folks :roll:, but I like the fact that I only have to carry one device, and that it switchs between listening to music and answering the phone relatively seamlessly.

Mike Temporale
06-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I think Vaja has a universal pouch that should fit, although, I'm not 100%. I haven't really spent too much time in the case department. I was thinking of getting a holster for the BlackJack. Have you thought about a holster?

chucky.egg
06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I've been considering getting a holster-type thang, to avoid getting my precious toy scratched.

I don't want anything that stays on the phone (why make such a slim phone into a fatty?), I want something to carry the phone IN to keep it away from loose change and keys.

I don't know what's available - Any recommendations or links?

srsabu
06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I've been considering getting a holster-type thang, to avoid getting my precious toy scratched.

I don't want anything that stays on the phone (why make such a slim phone into a fatty?), I want something to carry the phone IN to keep it away from loose change and keys.

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for as well, just didn't express it as clearly. I'd want the holster to not have one face exposed like most of the plastic snap-in types do. All I care about having access to is the headphone port.

Mike Temporale
06-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Ah, then you want this --> http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/productCatalog/getProduct.do?poid=1364&pbmId=9988

I'm planning on ordering one shortly.