View Full Version : BJ Gmail Questions

jjschafe
06-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I just bougt my BJ last night. I put my gmail account into it using the automatic stuff in the phone. I have a few problems/questions. First, is there a way to delete messages from my phone without deleting them in my normal gmail? I have tons of archived messages, why is it that it only dumped something like 25 of those messages into my phone?

I thought maybe it was a setting... when I go to options, then account settings on my phone, it doesn't go into the account settings. Is there a reason for this?

Also related to the settings, I don't see anywhere to tell it how often to check for new messages. Is that possible? or is it auto?

txcaesar
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I just bougt my BJ last night. I put my gmail account into it using the automatic stuff in the phone. I have a few problems/questions. First, is there a way to delete messages from my phone without deleting them in my normal gmail? I have tons of archived messages, why is it that it only dumped something like 25 of those messages into my phone?

I thought maybe it was a setting... when I go to options, then account settings on my phone, it doesn't go into the account settings. Is there a reason for this?

Also related to the settings, I don't see anywhere to tell it how often to check for new messages. Is that possible? or is it auto?

on the gmail site on web, there is a selection for when checking mail w pop, leave on server, delete, archive:

POP Download:
1. Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since 9:45 pm
Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)
Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on
Disable POP

2. When messages are accessed with POP:
Keep mail on gmail server

hope this helps!