View Full Version : Orange SPV E650/HTC Vox - Freezing

JohnChapel
05-27-2007, 02:18 PM
After editing and existing calendar entry when I want to view a contact the phone freezes up requiring turn off/on to get started again. On my 4th handset since 24th April (when Orange released the 650) and Orange not very helpful - exactly same problem on each handset. Also when adding or editing a new contact cannot access calander - again needs a restart. Tried hard reboot, problem still happens whether there is one calandar/contact on phone or it has been synchronised. Anyone got any ideas or similar things happening? - Otherwise I love the phone - Thanks

Mike Temporale
05-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I haven't heard of anyone having that problem. What third party applications do you have installed? Does it freeze up if you try it on a freshly hard reset device that has nothing else installed?

JohnChapel
05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
No 3rd party stuff whatsoever, just what the phone came with from Orange. Handset number 4 froze straight out of the box with one contact and one calendar item both keyed in manually (ie not using ActiveSync 4.5 with my PC as again supplied by Orange)

RicardoP
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
I have the same problem, as you say, seems to be when I have saved a record to the calender and then try and access the contacts. The contacts freezes along with other applications. Tried a hard reset, and it worked fine for a few days and then started again. No 3rd party applications running on phone. Shame since I like the phone, but it's a problem that I simply can't live with.

JohnChapel
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
RicardoP - Glad to hear that it is not me - surely more people are experiencing the problem than us two? Orange say they have heard of no-one else. Like you this is a situation which I cannot live with.

RicardoP
06-13-2007, 02:18 PM
I spoke with HTC and they have not come across the problem either - very weird. My initial reaction was that it was an Active Sync issue - but can't be if you had the same problem with a new handset straight from the box. One thing I have found that solves the issue (or works round) is that once you have edited the calender or contacts go straight to task manager and close the application before opening another. This seems to stop the next application freezing. I have pushed further with Orange and will let you know if they have any ideas.