View Full Version : Anyone got a copy of the Battery Pack Pro installer?

pugwonk
05-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't normally ask this, but I'm not entirely sure what else to do. I have paid for Battery Pack Pro (and a very fine product it is too) and was running it quite happily for a long time. I upgraded my Dash to WM6 and now I've lost the install file for BPP.

It would appear that the only way I can get it is by paying Handango for their ridiculous Download Protection Racket, and I am extremely retiscent to do it. Does anyone here have it, or know where it's linked somewhere? It still asks you for your registration code and things, so I don't feel I'm breaking any laws asking for it.

Any help much appreciated,

Chris

Mike Temporale
05-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Can you not download the trial from Omeag One http://www.omegaone.com/batterypack/sp/default.htm and then punch in your reg code?

pugwonk
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Can you not download the trial from Omeag One http://www.omegaone.com/batterypack/sp/default.htm and then punch in your reg code?

You'd think that, but unfortunately their trial and full versions appear to be different installs (I believe there's a letter different in the filename).

Chris

applejosh
05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
It looks like BPP has two versions - one licensed and one demo. Have you tried contacting them with your Handango purchase details to see if they'll send you the file directly?

pugwonk
05-25-2007, 01:25 AM
It looks like BPP has two versions - one licensed and one demo. Have you tried contacting them with your Handango purchase details to see if they'll send you the file directly?

I did yep, but sadly I got the same response I've had from OmegaOne every time I've emailed them about anything (that being nothing at all).

I'm all sorted out now - thanks for the help all.

Chris

applejosh
05-25-2007, 03:13 AM
I did yep, but sadly I got the same response I've had from OmegaOne every time I've emailed them about anything (that being nothing at all).

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I stopped using OmegaOne stuff. (BPP and JournalBar were two of the first software titles I bought when diving into the PPC world. I don't think they lasted 6 months before I decided that I could do better (at least support-wise) with other products.)