View Full Version : What new features in phones are coming?

extravagant
05-19-2007, 07:37 PM
hi all i was just wondering if someone can give me a rundown of what the next big things are.. besides like wifi, 3G, WiMax & gps and stuff like that.. thx

Sven Johannsen
05-19-2007, 07:58 PM
I hear there will be one out soon with the silluette of a partially eaten fruit on it. What more could we hope for?

extravagant
05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
there must be more things coming....... ideas?

Sven Johannsen
05-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Well, what do you want? My stuff already has more junk in it than I really need, a mediocre camera, a marginal media player, and limited memory, high data rate capability but the wrong band and limited availability, WiFi but a so-so browser.

I'd like them to just concentrate on making what is there now better, more useful, more intuative. Put playlist creation back in the media player, and let us add codecs and give me back button mapping. When I have an incoming call in my call list with a number I recognize, give me the option to add that number to a contact that already exists. Don't make me jump through hoops to create a document. Make Voice Command an integral part of the phone experience. Give me every BTprofile that even makes a little sense, not just the couple that are obvious. Make syncing work right. Make things more efficient to lengthen battery life.

What would I like that is new? I would like a BT SPOT watch that will give me caller ID when a call comes in on the phone in my pocket or in it's holster, with buttons that I can accept the call and direct it to the BT headset, or reject the call.

What is actually around the corner? the OEMs are pretty tight with that, lest another company integrates a laser pointer into their SP first.