View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Windows Mobile Game?

Mike Temporale
05-19-2007, 07:15 PM
I always have a game or two on my Smartphone for those boring moments when you're waiting at the doctor's office, in the airport terminal, riding public transit, or just sitting around on the couch. There's no shortage of games for Windows Mobile Standard devices, but I'm growing bored of the same old things. I don't even launch the default games - I lost interest in those games years ago. I've played enough Sudoku to choke a horse and I've played Cubis to the point where I can't even be bothered to launch it anymore. So I'm curious what game all of you are playing and what do you recommend? I prefer strategy based games, but I'm open to any suggestions. Fire away!

sopure
05-19-2007, 07:49 PM
I like *Mars Needs Cows*. The music is cool and the game is fun.
8)

StefanScoon
05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
I've found myself becoming increasingly addicted to Bubble Breaker. This game keeps me occupied during times I should probably be paying attention.

scottb
05-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Virtual Pool Mobile from Celeris.

spider76
05-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I have a Samsung Blackjack which is Unlocked and Im using it with Tmobile here in the States...

The game I play when im bored is Punch Out.. I have a NES emulator on my blackjack and a bunch of games on it the originals.. but for some reason i never get tired of PLaying PUNCHOUT the sounds are great and its a classic..

-spider76

SteveHoward999
05-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Virtual Pool Mobile from Celeris.

Absolutely. The physics of this game is excellent.

bshpmark
05-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Got to go with Bejeweled. Simple and its the same thing over and over but for some reason addictive.

cjb
05-20-2007, 03:27 AM
Real Dice Multiplayer Championship Poker.

Gavino1212
05-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Got to go with Bejeweled. Simple and its the same thing over and over but for some reason addictive.

I have to go with Bejewled as well. That and Pocket Mini Golf2.

modgnik
05-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Chess: www.valil.com/chess

Prosper
05-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm stuck on Kevtris (http://www.caywen.com/kevtris/Default.aspx). Not sure if it will work on my Vox, will have to try :?

Pinnacle
05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
K Ralley is a fantastic race game. Highly recommended.

chrisjaffe
05-20-2007, 04:25 PM
I second the NES emulator...I have been playing Earth Worm Jim. It was the game that I like the best on the old Super NES system and the reason that I loaded the emulator.

zilla31
05-20-2007, 04:53 PM
I have a Samsung Blackjack which is Unlocked and Im using it with Tmobile here in the States...

The game I play when im bored is Punch Out.. I have a NES emulator on my blackjack and a bunch of games on it the originals.. but for some reason i never get tired of PLaying PUNCHOUT the sounds are great and its a classic..

-spider76

I have dash and man if punchout isn't one of my all time favs... how are the controls? easy to manage??

John Cody
05-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Chess: www.valil.com/chess

He did a great job with that game -especially offering it as freeware :)

radavi
05-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Actually some kind of offtopic, but not really...

i like spb brain revolution at the moment.

And i am looking for Calypso. It is a palm game, but I am looking for a version for wm5. Any one got any clues for me...where to look how it should be called...

spider76
05-20-2007, 07:19 PM
NES EMULATOR

The controls are really easy to use, u can change what keys represent which key.. my girlfriend has the T-mo Dash and I put the emulator on her phone as well.. its pretty easy to get use to.. the navigation is the up down left right and i have the P and the <- arrow set for 'a' and 'b'.. my space key is start and the asterisk is select.. it may sound a lil complicated but trust me.. its not at all

I use pocketnester.. easy to use and easy to setup..

encece
05-20-2007, 07:27 PM
More of an xbox gamer than a mobile gamer...but when I play, I do get addicted to imate backgammon for some odd reason. I am also a big fan of CrazyBubbles though I dont think they have a landscape version.

ditch_azeroth
05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
i play at least one game of sudoku everyday, even on weekends and holidays, and nes emulation for final fantasy 1-6 ^_^

Kris Kumar
05-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Not much of a gamer, but want to recommend Fishopolis. Love the cool camera based navigation system employed by it.

Mike Temporale
05-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Wow! Lots of feedback from you guys. I knew I could trust everyone to help me find a new addiction. :lol:

I'm going to reply to things in this single post instead of a series of posts. So here goes:

Mars Needs Cows looks pretty interesting. Do you heard the cows/animals into the tractor beam in a given time? or is there some sort of puzzle with each level?

I've played Bubble Breaker, backgammon, kevtris, and Bejewled to death. I'm pretty bored of them now.

I haven't played with NES emulators in a while - I did about a year ago and it was nothing short of painful. So I'm not sure I'm ready to go down that path again. Although, it would provide a wealth of games to play.

Spb brain is a Pocket PC based game - I really wish they would do more Smartphone stuff. :?

Chess, Virtual Pool, Championship Poker, fishopolis (??), punch out, and that cow thing are all games that I'm going to be adding to my try list. I'm sure there's an addiction in that pile someplace. :lol:

Kadoogan
05-22-2007, 11:24 AM
I'd agree that Virtual Pool is excellent. Also Pocket Mini Golf 2, with all it's add on courses.

Fishopolis is great as well, and the control method is very original. Not one easily played in public though. Those of you that have tried it will know what I mean!

If you like puzzle solving adventure games, Return To Mysterious Island is good, and Atlantis Redux.

High Seas: Guns And Gold is currently a favourite of mine. If you ever enjoyed playing the game Pirates on the C64 then you'll like it since it's very similar.

Jason.

Kris Kumar
05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Fishopolis is great as well, and the control method is very original. Not one easily played in public though. Those of you that have tried it will know what I mean!

That's the fun part. :lol:

Jason Dunn
05-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Every time I have down-time and I'm playing Bubblets on my Smartphone I say to myself "Jason, you really need to install a new game..." - but I never do. Maybe this thread will teach me a lesson! ;-)

onlydarksets
05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Atlantis Redux appears to only support 176x220 resolution, and Return To Mysterious Island doesn't support the Q. That stinks.

Kadoogan
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Atlantis Redux is QVGA (maybe there are different versions, ie 176x220 and QVGA), but may well not support landscape only devices.

I expect Return To Mysterious Island is the same, as they come from the same company.

Jason.

onlydarksets
05-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Atlantis Redux is QVGA (maybe there are different versions, ie 176x220 and QVGA), but may well not support landscape only devices.

I expect Return To Mysterious Island is the same, as they come from the same company.

Jason.

RTMI
My bad - I was looking at the Samsung version (http://www.clickgamer.com/moreinfo.htm?pid=13269&section=SMART&b=pocketpcch), which says it doesn't support the Q. There is a different version that does (http://www.tetraedge.com/rtmi.htm).

Atlantis
There does not appear to be a landscape version of this one (http://www.tetraedge.com/atlantis.htm). Has anyone tried it on the Q?

I'd also like to point out that you can get both of these games through http://www.PocketGear.com - point being, you can avoid Handango.