View Full Version : Multiple Appointments

freakygreek
05-18-2007, 04:47 AM
HI,

I recently picked up a HTC S621 and installed PocketInformant. Is there anyway I can show more than one appointment on my today/home screen or do I need another software.

I know there different but when I was using my PPC I had SPB Dairy+SPB plus and PI installed and I was able to switch from a daily view right up to 31 days worth of appointments.

Can something similar be done on a smartphone. I checked my user manual but that mainly centers on the PPC version anyone have one for the smartphone version.

Cheers

Peter

Mike Temporale
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
As you noticed, they are different. The home screen doesn't support pluggins in the same manner as the PPC. The home screen on the smartphone is more powerful, but harder to manage. It's all coded in XML and there are some 3rd party tools that do WYSIWYG home screen editor.

With that said, look around for different themes. The default home screens show 1 entry. You should be able to find others that show 2. I think that's the max out-of-the-box. SBSH has a product called Facade that will allow you to put tabs on your home screen and one of those tabs can list all your upcoming appointments. You've got PI (which is a rebranded release of SBSH's Papyrus) so you shouldn't have any problems with Facade. Also, check out this recent post (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=88172) on the front page for links to other themes. Some of those guys do great work with Facade.

freakygreek
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for giving me the info. Oddly enough I found facade while browsing and your right it works like a charm and I'll check out the various skins.

Cheers

Peter