View Full Version : Blackjack and Garmin Nuvi 660 Compatability?

hotdram
05-17-2007, 01:33 AM
I recently ordered a new GPS, which I need like a hole in the head. It is a Garmin Nuvi 660 that has Bluetooth capability. You can make and receive calls with it (through a BT phone), you can access the phone's address book etc. However, I have read that not all BT phones will work with all of the BT features of the Nuvi 660. Does anyone have both of these units? If so, how do they "play" together?

Mine should be here in a few days, I will report back here when I find out myself.

~Rob

hotdram
05-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Sort of answered my own question with this link from Garmin:
http://www8.garmin.com/bluetooth/phones.jsp

The BJ is not in their list of phones, BUT, I have heard that they don't keep that list up to date very well.

~Rob

hotdram
05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Well,
Me thinks that my Nuvi/Blackjack pair will never be able to utilize all of the BT features of the Nuvi. For instance, the Nuvi should see the phonebook of the phone its paired with. I can use the Nuvi as a handsfree, but it won't display called ID of incoming calls (because it can't see the phonebook, but at least it does display the incoming number) and I can not speed dial (again, because it can't see the phone book). I think this is because the BJ does not use the MS BT stack. My friend has the same unit and a different Samsung phone and he can use all the BT features of the Nuvi.
Still, pretty impressed with the Nuvi itself (although the FM transmitter is pretty weak). Wish they would have included a way to edit your own phonebook and keep in memory of the device though.

~Rob

hotdram
05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, i don't think the reason the BJ can't utilize all the BT features of the Nuvi is because it lacks the MS BT stack. I paired my SMT-5600 (which I believe uses the MS BT stack) with the Nuvi and I still couldn't use all the BT features of the Nuvi :(
I am going to try to email Garmin to see if the BJ is one of the phones they plan on supporting in the future.

~Rob