View Full Version : Makayama Releases Pocket Live TV 1.0 for Smartphones

Mike Temporale
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.makayama.com/pocketlivetv.html' target='_blank'>http://www.makayama.com/pocketlivetv.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Watch live TV from the U.S., U.K. Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Netherlands and other countries. So whatever you would've watched on the sofa, you can watch elsewhere instead. In the room next door, down the pub, or on the beach a thousand miles away. Take your favourite tv-series, talkshow, sport events or news programs with you on your portable device. The most affordable way to get your television content in your pocket. No subscription, no bundled data-plan, just a one-time purchase of software."</i> <br /><br />Mobile TV is the golden child right now and everyone seems to be coming out with a product. Makayama's solution offers 100 channels in 10 different countries and I'm sure those numbers will grow along with the customer base. There's no subscription here, just buy the software and you're good to go. :)

Rocco Augusto
05-16-2007, 06:04 PM
has anyone tried the demo? if so, how is the video quality?

i left my sync cable at home so I cant try it until later :(

thehelios
05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok, either this program doesnt work with Blackjacks like the site said so, or it just doesnt work at all.

I have spent an hour and a half trying to install it (literally takes over 10-20 minutes to install it completely) and uninstall it (takes same amount of time to uninstall as install) and the program doesnt work for me.

On my blackjack, I choose the US, choose a random channel (Cartoon Network, ESPN, NBC) and the program freezes, and then the whole entire phone freezes. I uninstalled and reinstalled it thinking I may have screwed up on the install but nope, wasted my time all over again, same problems.

I consider myself a smartphone power user but this is just ridiculous. Nothing should be this complicated to install and uninstall and espiecially SHOULD NOT TAKE UP MORE THAN 15 F***ING MINUTES TO INSTALL!

Im obviously angry at this program right now. :evil:

*EDIT* Oh look, Im trying to uninstall it again, and lo and behold, it froze my phone! Yay, hopefully it wont freeze within the next 2-3 attempts!

pjtrader
05-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I installed it quickly and my BJ didn't lock up at all, but nothing plays. I can navigate to a channel, but when I select one it boots me out of the program. I don't know if that's the intended use of the demo (I hope not), but I'd say this isn't quite ready for Prime Time yet.

motorolaquser
05-16-2007, 08:33 PM
works here, I'm using a Moto Q. Nice app, lots of channels to choose from. Some load quicker than others. UI looks very polished.

@pjtrader: which phone are you using? does it have wifi or 3G?

pjtrader
05-17-2007, 12:41 AM
works here, I'm using a Moto Q. Nice app, lots of channels to choose from. Some load quicker than others. UI looks very polished.

@pjtrader: which phone are you using? does it have wifi or 3G?

It's the Blackjack running on 3G. What limitations did you find on the demo? Maybe I kept trying channels that weren't available on the demo?