View Full Version : Watch out Sling, here comes HAVA!

onlydarksets
05-16-2007, 04:10 AM
I've heard good things about HAVA boxes (http://www.snappymultimedia.com/). They also integrate with WMC, although I can't quite understand why you would want to do that.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20070515/tc_zd/207575

Mike Temporale
05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Interesting... So it's like a Slingbox but it has a PVR built in too. I'm not about to replace my Media Center, and I already have a Slingbox, so I don't know if this is for me. I like the idea if I didn't already have a PVR.

Does it stream to a WinMo device too? That's a big plus for my existing SB setup. 8)

onlydarksets
05-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Does it stream to a WinMo device too? That's a big plus for my existing SB setup. 8)

Yep, that was the announcement at WinHEC. It will support all WM clients at all resolutions.

Mike Temporale
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
cool :!:

onlydarksets
05-16-2007, 02:47 PM
You mentioned that you have a Slingbox and a Media Center PC. Can I ask why you don't use Orb or Webguide to stream directly from the WMC/MCE PC to your handheld? I assume the Slingbox "just works", but you don't strike me as that type of person ;)

Mike Temporale
05-16-2007, 02:52 PM
You mentioned that you have a Slingbox and a Media Center PC. Can I ask why you don't use Orb or Webguide to stream directly from the WMC/MCE PC to your handheld? I assume the Slingbox "just works", but you don't strike me as that type of person ;)

:lol: yeah, it just works. I don't want to mess around with my media center, and the slingbox is easy to setup and configure. It doesn't touch my PVR so there's 0 chance of a conflict that will break my Media Center and cause us to miss recording a show.

onlydarksets
05-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Fair enough! Have you hooked up the 360 as an extender yet? It's really nice. I had the old Xbox extender, but it wasn't HD. Now we can watch our recorded HD shows in any room (of course, it's $400/room, but isn't that a small price to pay for freedom?).

Mike Temporale
05-16-2007, 03:03 PM
No, I haven't even plugged it into the internet yet. I've been too busy playing games :D