View Full Version : BJ gets "hot" on camera, worse battery drain -- extended battery?

dlevine
05-15-2007, 02:48 AM
When I first got my BJ, i would get about 12 hours of my normal usage from the regular battery. So, I could charge all day and charge all night and swap before bed and before work and it worked out for the most part. Then, I ordered the free extended battery and got closer to 20 hours usage! Great!

Then, after a few weeks of the extended battery my battery life on the extended battery dropped to about 6 hours. Yes, 6 hours on the extended battery. Why all of the extra power usage? I dont know, but I do know that the camera area on the top back of the phone gets really hot! Not scalding hot, but more than just warm to the touch. Way too hot for normal, for sure.

I thought that something was wrong with the phone, so i called cingular and they sent me a replacement BJ. Awesome! Only, it still happened exactly the same with the new phone + old batteries. So, I am thinking that maybe it is the battery itself that is bad?

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I use my usb cable to charge my phone while at work through my laptop, and this is the only thing I can think of that maybe wasn't thoroughly tested with the extended battery? HELP!

dan

Mike Temporale
05-15-2007, 03:17 AM
my guess is that there is some poorly coded 3rd party app that's running and not allowing the phone to cycle down. If possible, try a hard reset and don't install any applications. Try it for a couple days and see how the battery goes.

dlevine
05-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Interesting thought. My original phone I def installed all kinds of craziness too. When I got the new phone, the only app that I have added to it is Google Maps, which i doubt would be the culprit. I'm using active sync and that is always running... but nothing else.

Mike Temporale
05-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Don't assume that Google is all good. ;)