View Full Version : WM6 Dash on Cingular Network + problem with Express Mail

VoltesV
05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
So finally I took the plunge on upgrading my WM5 Dash on a Cingular network to WM6. Everything seems to be fine so far and I have installed everything (go to app unlock again). I was able to get Cingular's Express Mail installed and configured without any problem but then today I noticed that all the emails I deleted from my mobile didn't sync with the the Express Mail client attached to the office Outlook on my PC. Even the emails that you do read doesn't get updated in Outlook.

Also another weird thing I noticed is that, when I do a manual Send/Receive in the Express Mail inbox it gives me an Alert that says I'm on roaming and might be charged with extra by doing so. It's very weird because the Network says AT&T!

I tried different ways of troubleshooting it but I can't get it to work right. Just to test my hunch if there's a possible Express Mail issue running on WM6, I grabbed my old Cingular 2125 running WM5 and did the same process of installing and configuring Express Mail on WM6. Everything worked great with the old 2125, it syncs whatever I do on my mobile to Outlook via Express Mail and no roaming alert message. So you think we have a possible incompatibility between WM6 Dash with Cingular's Express Mail?

Wondering if those with the same setup as mine encountered both problems. Hope there's someone who figured out what's going on.

Thanks in advance for your response!

VoltesV

johnlo
05-06-2007, 02:33 PM
i dont use express mail. so i dunno how to help you. but i read you said that you upgraded to wm6. I'm also on cingular and have been wondering if i can upgrade it w/o problem.. so my question to you is, i am guessing its good. i should upgrade too?

j

VoltesV
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Well so far I'm not experiencing any issues except for XpressMail. Now it's actually getting worse for some reason when I sync I get connection time out all the time.

XpressMail is definitely having issues with WM6. I'm thinking of going back to WM5 because of that unless I can find another way to push my corporate email to my mobile... anybody tried Emoze? Also wondering where to get WM5 ver of Dash.

Overall, battery consumption seems very good and IE is a bit faster. I like the Calendar features and other little things. The Voice Commander is ok too.

johnlo
05-07-2007, 03:45 PM
i've never use them. only read about it. maybe might be useful for you.

http://www.4smartphone.com/Default.aspx