View Full Version : GPS program for GeoTagging?

kiwi
04-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi,

i was wondering if there is any Windows Mobile Application designed to run on SMARTPHONE devices for the purpose of GeoTagging?

This is just so I can connect my S620 to a GPS and record my movements over the day... say, producing a .txt file with the GPS information which will then be downloaded to my PC/Mac to process with GeoTagging software?.

Anyone have any information on such software?

cheers

Brian

ps - if none exists, I plan to develop one . Stay tunned!

Mike Temporale
04-27-2007, 01:38 AM
The only one I have heard of is the one encece mentioned over here (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13786&highlight=geocaching) Hope that helps a little. I don't know that it does what you're looking for.

I would be interested in a GPS app that would log my co-ordinates as I travel and then I can plot them against a map when I transfer them to my desktop. That would be kind of neat.

kiwi
05-01-2007, 03:53 PM
thanks for the link Mike. I use the efficasoft GPRS monitoring tool already.

hmm.. for the GPS utilities they say
Keep records of all your movement with Track Logger in .csv format, and replay them later in the program or analysis using Excel.

The data has to be in a format calld GPX I think for the majority of GeoTagging software.

stay tuned for a Smartphone app soon to do what you describe.. :D

ARW
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds cool. I just ordered a Bluetooth GPS for use with my Blackjack, so I'd be interested in a logging. Good luck with it and make sure you announce it here when done.

Thanks!

Mike Temporale
05-08-2007, 02:07 AM
I just did a trip from Toronto to LA, then SanFran and then back home. It would be pretty cool if I could have ran the GPS logger from the minute I left my house and then download all the points when I got home to see exactly where the plane flew and where I travelled while there). 8)

Looking forward to your app.