View Full Version : How to soft reset i600?

04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I've googled it but the only info I've been able to find was about hard resets. Sometimes I just want to soft reset the i600 because a program locks up. Normally such devices have small holes that you can use with a pin to reset. i600 doesn't seem to have one. I hate removing and reinstalling the battery to reset. Is there another way?

Mike Temporale
04-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Pocket PC's tend to have little pin holes for reset - Smartphones don't.

A soft reset is the same as powering off and on the phone. A long press on the power button should do this. On the i600, I imagine it's the same as the BlackJack, if you press and hold the Home key it will bring up the Task Manager and you can kill whatever app is causing you problems.

A hard reset is restoring the device to factory settings. On the BlackJack you can do this from the Start Menu -- Start / Settings / (more) / Security / (more) / Reset or if the device won't start up correctly from the hardware on boot by pressing up on the joystick and holding it while you power up the device. This will wipe EVERYTHING and reset the device back to new.

04-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Sometimes, especially when using beta software, the device locks up and I can't even launch task manager. Power button on i600 is software driven and when the device crashes, it stops working too. The only remaining way is to remove and reinstall the battery.

There should have been a reset pin.