View Full Version : Easy caps on i600?

04-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I read somewhere that pressing a button for a long time will turn on capital letters temporarily. I mean, a short press on the key a will give small a, a long press will give capital A.

I tried a lot but my i600 doesn't seem to support it. Maybe it's a BlackJack only feature? I tried using the program QCaps, but it doesn't seem to work either.

Is there any other way to get captial letters and symbols without pressing shift and Fn buttons?

Mike Temporale
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
This varries by device. On the BlackJack, a long press with insert the alternate character for that key. So a long press on R will insert @. I think this works on the Dash too.

chucky.egg
04-25-2007, 03:18 PM
On my I600 a double-press on the Fn button "locks" the Fn down, pressing it once more turns that lock back off.

I can't find an equivalent for CAPS LOCK though

I was trying to get into the habit of using the "123" key to turn NUM LOCK on, rather than holding Fn whilst hitting the keys (which is what I was doing) but a double-press on Fn might actually be easier.

Mike Temporale
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Fn + Shift should put the device in CAPS LOCK mode. :wink:

04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Fn + Shift should put the device in CAPS LOCK mode. :wink:

Nice tip!!! I guess what I asked is not possible, but this tip and chucky.egg's "double press Fn" tip will be great time savers too.