View Full Version : who will fix the zune?

macqueen
11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
as someone who is close the the world of apple...please tell me this important detail. who is going to fix the zune? true, i obviously think the ipod kicks arse. but there are sometimes problems. with the ipod, at least you can walk into an Apple Store and have a genius fix or replace the ipod if it is under warantee. plus, you can extend out that warantee with applecare. what does microsoft hope? that every single zune will not have issues? are people going to have to mail in their zune when it gets a virus or hacked? it is something about the pc world that really makes me proud to be with apple. no matter what your quesiton or complaint is, there are live people willing to talk to you and help you discover answers. with microsoft, dell, sony, whomever..where do you go when your products fail? do you trash it? kick it like i did my old dell lattitude? when you have a 4000 dollar computer that gets 15 viruses that NO ONE can fix and you cannot talk to any live person..you have a tendency to just chuck that item and never buy another one. so...is microsoft planning to have someone to help them when the zune goes down? people ask us if we worry about the zune. and being the eletists that we apple people are..we laugh because not only is it ugly..it is not what they claimed it would be.

Jason Dunn
11-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Well hello there macqueen. You have the dubious privilege of being our first troll! I welcome divergent opinions here, but your post seems designed to provoke a fight. I will respond to part of it anyway.

as someone who is close the the world of apple...please tell me this important detail. who is going to fix the zune?

Have you heard of the Xbox perhaps? That's a Microsoft product, and Microsoft does the tech support, warranty, repairs, etc. on it. They have some experience at this, and I suspect the Zune will function in the same way - they'll have Zune tech support, warranty replacement, repair services, etc. just like every other tech product out there. Sure, they won't have an Apple store (which I think is a neat idea), but no other company has those either, so I suspect it won't be a deal-breaker. Besides which, there aren't that many Apple stores around - there are none in my area.

are people going to have to mail in their zune when it gets a virus or hacked?

If you think it's possible for a Zune to get a virus of get "hacked", then you lack the technical knowledge to grasp any explanation that I would give to counter that argument, so there's no point in me even trying. Have you even heard of a virus on an MP3 player?

As for the rest of your post...it's best that I just ignore it.:rolleyes:

macqueen
11-10-2006, 09:12 AM
just so you know there are over 150 apple stores....150 more than microsoft! my point was more that it is hardly the same to send in your malfunctioning device and not have it for days or weeks at a time. when clearly, you get it fixed in a matter of 20 minutes. also, i find it intriguing that you compared the 80g ipod to the 30g zune. the 80 is much thicker and heavier than a 30g ipod. hardly a comparison.

and, yes..i believe that all things microsoft can be hacked.maybe that is my "lack of techical knowledge." or perhaps my feelings that all things windows disappoint. but i am sure that you are wrong for me not understanding. i am not a software engineer but i have a whole lot more knowledge than you give me credit for.

maybe i am looking for a fight. all i know is that i hate the zune because it is a sad competitor. it would be so much better if it actally was cool. then we could have some real competition.