View Full Version : FIRMWARE bj

bat_25_
04-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi all,anyone have a firmware for bj?thanks for reaply

Mike Temporale
04-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Nope. It hasn't been released. If / when Samsung releases the ROM udpate for the BlackJack, we will post it on the front page. So stay tuned.

nutzareus
04-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Nope. It hasn't been released. If / when Samsung releases the ROM udpate for the BlackJack, we will post it on the front page. So stay tuned.

The AT&T rebranding update has been released? Supposedly fixes international roaming also.

Mike Temporale
04-04-2007, 04:01 AM
That's correct, however it's my guess that bat_25 is looking for Windows Mobile 6. I could be wrong on that. It's hard to tell from the post. ;)

bat_25_
04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
i want firmware wm5,not wm6,i want try a little exsperiment!thanks

haveblue128
04-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Looking for a BJ flash update? While the infamous "ATT" update has been discounted, I was informed that it makes more than cosmetic changes-like updating a few drivers. Yes, it does improve intl roaming, too. Keep track of the Samsung USA website. They have info on driver and firemart

"http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=557&PROD_SUB_ID=558&PROD_ID=751&AT_ID=83176"

It works. One note of caution: Make sure you follow their directions-precisely. I stopped to let the update run and had dinner. Big mistake as my BJ froze in the USB updating mode. 8)

bat_25_
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
i have read,anyone have a lasr versioneof firmaware?thanks

ironguy
04-14-2007, 06:58 PM
I couldn't get the bj update to work. My device was NOT recognized after going into USB download mode. Modem drivers installed just fine, AS works fine. Tried many things, from re-installing drivers, hard reset the phone, tried leaving phone in USB/modem rather than USB/AS. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone have similar troubles or know of a fix?

haveblue128
04-19-2007, 03:30 AM
I had the same problem. Remove the battery and then replace it. Click on power and you should see the Windows screen-you can start the process again.

ironguy
04-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Yeah, removed the battery, etc. Tried 6 times following web site instructions and another 6 times finagling and tryinh other stuff.

No joy.

StefanScoon
04-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, removed the battery, etc. Tried 6 times following web site instructions and another 6 times finagling and tryinh other stuff.

No joy.

Yeh I had that problem too until i unchecked Allow USB connections in the connection setting in Active Sync. Worked immediately after that- give that a shot if you haven't done so already.

kharms
05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Has anyone that used this update noticed that it breaks these 2 shortcut keys:
Fn + C = AT&T Mall
Fn + M = AT&T Music

Yes, I know it's because of the rebranding (shortcut name is no longer "Cingular ...") but that's still lame.

XpressMail also didn't work after the update but it was working prior to the update. I'll try the update again and see if I have better luck.

-kharms