View Full Version : Qtek 8500 froze, now won't turn on at all

mrstevec
03-26-2007, 03:39 AM
Hello,

My Qtek 8500 (aka cingular 3125 or htc star trek) won't power up at all. When I try and turn it on, there is no indication of anything at all happening whatsoever.

Background:
I was using it, actually choosing a ring-tone in the setup, and the phone froze, with the spinning disc "waiting" icon on the screen, but it wasn't rotating either. I waited for several minutes, but it never responded. Trying to push the power button to turn it off didn't work. So I detached the battery, then reattached it. At this point, it never turned on again.

I've tried any/all of:
- plugging it into the wall for power
- leaving it completely unplugged for several days, with battery disconnected, then plugging things in

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!

-Steve

Mike Temporale
03-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds like your battery has failed or maybe something internal has gone. I hope it's the battery, because otherwise it would warranty issue. Do you have another battery to try out with it?

Another thing you can do is pull the battery out for a good 4-6 hours. Then put the battery in and plug in the device but don't turn it on. Leave it charging for another good 4-6 hours. Then try turning it on. This has saved some devices in the past for me.

mrstevec
03-27-2007, 03:14 AM
The phone doesn't seem to respond to anything. I've tried hard-resetting it (press-hold both soft keys, then press-release power/hangup). There is absolutely no activity from the phone no matter what I've tried. Not even a twinkle from an LED or anything.

I'm hoping someone has encountered this and has an easy fix. Some kind of MacGyver action. Even a fix that costs me some money would be fine. I'll try duct-tape and paper-clips too, if you know it works.

I bought my phone on Ebay back in November, and it was a used but "like-new". It really was (still is) hardly scratched or showing any signs of use. It worked for several months before it croaked on me. :-(

My carrier is TMobile. Obviously I didn't get the phone through them. I've considered trying to go into Cingular, but odds aren't good for getting much help there.

And considering I bought it from another individual, I'm guessing that a warranty situation might not be possible. Does anyone know who I'd contact to check on potential warranties for my Qtek 8500, even though I bought it used?