View Full Version : Syncing podcasts to a device such as a Motorola Q

MartyNg
03-19-2007, 03:28 AM
Hello,

I am a PocketPC fan who switched to a Cingular 2125 smartphone. The coverage map is very bizarre in my area, so much so that they might let me out of my contract without a termination fee. So, I'll be switching to Verizon soon, and that $79 Motorola Q deal I keep seeing commercials for sounds pretty good! I might jump on that when I get out of my Cingular contract.

I've been listening to podcasts in iTunes lately, and with spring finally coming to NY, I thought it would be nice to walk to work and have daily podcasts on my phone to listen to. Silly me almost just ordered a refurbished iPod shuffle for the task when it hit me *duh* that there's probably a way to get these podcasts on my new phone, and then I can listen on a bluetooth headset and not even have to fumble with a cord!

My question is, do any of you guys sync podcasts up with your phone? I know there are windows-based applications that grab podcasts, but I would prefer a way to be able to do all my management in iTunes, since that's how I manage my huge collection of MP3s. Does anyone know of a program that will push these out from iTunes to my phone? Barring that, a standalone program would work for me as well.

While we're on the topic of the "Q", anyone know if there is a hot new phone coming out on Verizon in the next couple of months that might be better? (I don't care about appearance, or any type of broadband access, VCast, or any of that...I'm all about functionality)

Thank you very much!

Mike Temporale
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know of any itunes apps that would work with your device. I also don't know of any new phones coming to Verizon. Doesn't mean there won't be some. I just haven't heard of any yet.