View Full Version : Wireless active synch around spam filter?

M-Woodland
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi, I can't seem to find a way to wirelessly synch over the wifi on my XV6700. We are running server 2000 with a spam filter which 'hides' our exchange server. Our IT person has not yet set the spam filter to run our outgoing mail as well as our incoming - he says that might help but would take a couple hours. Could i use a vpn to access our network and then synch?

As you can tell i'm not really fully versed in this, and i'm trying to filter thru my IT's guy slant against MS... I would apprecaite any help!

Mike Temporale
03-05-2007, 03:15 AM
WiFi sync has not been an option for a while now. That was removed around the time ActiveSync 4.0 was released.

M-Woodland
03-05-2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the reply Mike,

So i take it my only option for synch is while tethered, or must i use 'data time' on Verizon? All the materials talk about checking email while on the go...I foolishly assumed i could use the wifi to do this.

So is my only real option for this scenario to have Outlook forward my emails to a web baased account such as Yahoo GO - so i can check them through the web browser?

Mike Temporale
03-05-2007, 03:27 AM
You can either use your providers data, or sync with Outlook on your machine.

You could also look at something like emoze that will give you always on email for free.