View Full Version : 3125 Bluetooth sync with Vista

nycsmartphone
02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
After a clean install of Windows Vista on my computer I have successfully sync'd my Cingular 3125 to Outlook via USB.

I have been unable to to do this sync via Bluetooth. I have spent much time and played with countless settings (I broke the USB syncing at one point but fixed it) but it seems that the Windows Vista Mobile Device Center does not see the 3125 when it connects via Bluetooth. I am successfully connecting the phone to the PC via Bluetooth.

Any suggestions on how to sync the 3125 via Bluetooth with Vista?

I had sync'd this 3125 previously via Bluetooth to Windows XP. My ultimate goal is to get back to the setup I had with my MPX220 and BT AutoSync where the phone sync'd via bluetooth automatically every 60 minutes. Right now I'd be happy with a Bluetooth Vista sync.

Mike Temporale
02-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I haven't attempted a Bluetooth sync with my machine yet. My laptop is on the verge of death and I wouldn't know where to start troubleshooting if it didn't work out for me. So I can't offer much advice. I will suggest turning off the firewall in Vista and seeing if that makes any difference. The firewall has always been a source of frustration with Active Sync.

stevew
02-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I tried to sync with Bluetooth on my Blackjack and got so frustrated I brought my Bluetooth adapter back for a return. I never could get the Blackjack to show an ActiveSync service after it was paired with my laptop. All it ever showed was Serial, headphones and something else I forget.

nycsmartphone
06-24-2007, 03:42 AM
I gave up on this after I first posted. Recently I tried it again and it is working. Now I am happily syncing via bluetooth and using BT Autosync. I have no idea why it worked this time setting up so smoothly.

I am haivng a sync issue which I detailed in another post but it is unrelated to bluetooth as the exact same issue occurs while connected via USB.