View Full Version : VoiceMail speed dial stopped working

la8pv
02-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Hi all,

For some reason, I can no longer get my voice mail speed dial ("1") to actually dial the number.

When I press and hold "1", it only displays the list of matching contacts/numbers (that have "1") in them, in stead of finding and calling my voice mail number.

I've tried adding "Voicemail" as a contact and assigning speed dial "1" to it, but it tells me that keypad assignment is reserved.

Any idea how to restore this (and yes, I have tinkered somewhat with my phone's innards, home screen, etc)

Thanks in advance for your help!

-e

Mike Temporale
02-14-2007, 02:36 PM
The number should be stored on your SIM. I think you can check this under the Settings / Phone menu. I can't recall which option it is, but some phones have it in there. What phone are you using?

Also, have you installed any 3rd party contact managers? Perhaps ther aren't handling the Speed Dial correctly.

la8pv
02-14-2007, 03:22 PM
The number should be stored on your SIM. I think you can check this under the Settings / Phone menu. I can't recall which option it is, but some phones have it in there. What phone are you using?

Also, have you installed any 3rd party contact managers? Perhaps ther aren't handling the Speed Dial correctly.

Hi Mike and thanks for the reply

I have a 2125.

Checking under Settings -> Phone -> Call Options -> I have a valid # set for "Voice Mail number". The same page also has the "Show SIM contacts" checked.

At the moment I don't have any 3rd party contact managers. I have tested various ones in the past, but various problems led me to hard resets and restore from backups which didn't have anything special

Although the phone works pretty well (only freezes occasionally), I am contemplating a hard reset followed by manual reinstall since something weird must be going on: When I go to Settings -> Remove Programs the list is blank... (but the list in ActiveSync shows everything I have installed)

Thanks in advance for your (smartphone)thoughts :)

-e

Mike Temporale
02-14-2007, 03:47 PM
When I go to Settings -> Remove Programs the list is blank... (but the list in ActiveSync shows everything I have installed)

That's related to the amount of stuff installed. I forget the exact number, I think it's 50 or so. Once it's over that number the list on the device stops showing up. If you remove some things you should notice the list reappear.

I would try removing any applications that you installed recently. I can't think of any reason why it would stop working.

la8pv
02-14-2007, 05:01 PM
That's related to the amount of stuff installed. I forget the exact number, I think it's 50 or so. Once it's over that number the list on the device stops showing up. If you remove some things you should notice the list reappear.

I would try removing any applications that you installed recently. I can't think of any reason why it would stop working.

Thanks for the tip - I removed a few apps I don't use and the list is back. The speed dial for voicemail is still MIA, but I will let you all know if I manage to find a registry setting or something...

Thanks again,

-e

Edit: Added quote tag